Filters widget is used to display all filters of the Filter Set that matches to a particular page. If no Filter Set is configured for the page, the widget does not display anything. This was done so that you do not have to separately disable the widget on pages where filtering is not needed.
Filters widget does not define which Filter Set will be displayed in it. It depends from the value of the “Where to filter?” field in Filter Set. In other words Filters widget is only canvas for Filter Set.
In order for the Filter Widget to be displayed, the following conditions must be met:
- The Filter Widget was placed in the sidebar or widget area on the page where you need filtering.
- Value of the “Where to filter?” field in a Filter Set corresponded to the page where you want to display it.
- The Post type specified for the Filter Set matched the Post type of the page or selected WP Query.
- The sidebar or widget area, where you placed the Filter widget is not hidden by default (requires click to become opened). Sometimes this happens on mobile devices.
- If you have the “Hide empty Filters” checkbox enabled at least one filter term in this Filter Set contained at least one post
If you do not see the Filters widget, make sure that all of the above conditions are met.
Multiple Filter widgets on the same page
Since the plugin version 1.1.0 you can add multiple Filter Sets on a page and display several Filter widgets accordingly (Moreover, you can filter different post types at the same time).
To display two or more different Filter Sets on a page, you need to add two or more Filter Everything widgets to the page – each widget per each Filter Set.
The order in which multiple Filter widgets are displayed on a page is determined by the Priority parameter value for each Filter Set. The Filter Set which has higher value of this parameter will be displayed first.
You can also use a shortcode
[fe_widget] and use the “id” attribute to explicitly specify which Filter Set to display in the desired location. In this case, the rest of the widgets will take into account the already displayed Filter Set and will automatically display the rest Filter Sets related to the page.